- Never leave your unit unlocked when unattended.
- Check the contents of your storage periodically.
- Wrap all fragile and breakable items separately, preferably with bubble wrap, and pack them tightly into strong boxes, filling any gaps with paper or filler.
- Mirrors and pictures should be wrapped in a protective covering such as bubble wrap and stored on their ends, never flat.
- Dismantle furniture such as tables and bed frames whenever possible to save space.
- Try to maintain a clear aisle within your unit to allow access to items stored in the back.
- Do not store food items in your unit. These will invite unwanted pests.
- Always double check that your unit is correctly locked by lifting up on the door before leaving.
- Label boxes and totes to make it easier to find items while they are in storage.